Their Sci-fi Rumspringa doesn't stop Enn from falling madly in love with hot alien Zan (Elle Fanning) who, despite her loyalty to her strange colony, is naturally attracted to Enn. Together they drop down the rabbit hole of the punk rock scene of 1970s London, triggering events that lead to the inevitable clash of punks vs. aliens. West Side Story with spikey hair, spaceships, and for some reason an abundance of latex.
Sony Music Masterworks has announced the release of the awesome soundtrack, arriving at all music retailers and streaming services on Friday, May 11.
The album includes new music and songs composed expressly for the film by such strikingly unique artists as Nico Muhly, Jamie Stewart (Xiu Xiu), and Matmos. There are original songs performed by the film's fictional punk band, The Dyschords, written by Bryan Weller and vocalist Martin Tomlinson, alongside additional new music from the film performed by writer-director John Cameron Mitchell, cabaret legend Amber Martin, and How To Talk To Girls At Parties stars Elle Fanning and Alex Sharp. The soundtrack also gathers landmark tracks from such iconic artists as The Velvet Underground, The Damned, A.C. Newman, Ezra Furmanand, and the Prolific Urdoos.
2. Planned Adolescence – The Dyschords
3. Angry Universe – A.C. Newman
4. Communion – The Dyschords
5. Extraction – Dyslexic Cnuts
6. Fuck All – The Dyschords
7. Going Straight – Xiu Xiu
8. Single – The Dyschords
9. Climb Over Me – The Dyschords
10. Rainy Life – Ezra Furman
11. Bermuda – Amber Martin
12. I Found A Reason (2015 Remastered) – The Velvet Underground
13. Nursery Chymes – Prolific Urdoos
14. Nobody's Baby – Martin Tomlinson / Bryan Weller
15. Requiem – Nico Muhly
16. The Body Celestial – Matmos
17. Flecken – Matmos
18. Eat Me Alive – Xiu Xiu
19. Between the Breaths – Xiu Xiu / Mitski